super, super normal life



This is the first time in my life I’ve had a “normal” schedule. It’s also, however, the first time in my life I’ve had a job that I adore, so I end up working a lot of overtime, especially lately, I don’t even notice when 5:30 rolls around and I could, should maybe leave. That’s when I could maybe do something normal, like grocery shop, then go rent a movie, and then make myself dinner and do some laundry. These are all normal things for which the novelty has yet to wear off. I have spent most of my adult life working odd hours and going to school. So I’m torn between enjoying this new freedom and just working a lot, and more often than not lately I choose instead to work until I am falling asleep, and am dizzy and light headed from not eating. Steph is on her honeymoon right now and my twice weekly exercise with her is often the only thing that..tears me away from work.
I am only just now starting to settle in at my house, and I’ve lived there since January. Brian and Bao Jing are moving to Canada for a while, it looks like. I was just starting to really like living with them and am sad to see them go. All of a sudden there are only a few weeks left that I get to enjoy having Bao Jing here with us, because she will be going back to Korea from Canada, and that will be the end of that.
Let’s see, is there anything else going on with me?
I just bought a history book called “There Goes My Everything“, about white southerners during the civil rights movement. It is very well written and hard to put down.
I got to spend the weekend with Asia and Lisa right before Halloween. We had a blast and the weekend went by too fast. We took little 4-year old J with us to a Halloween party and had as much fun with him as I’ve ever had with any adult. We were all drinking jello shots, a tray of which was being carried around by a monster with a big bloody mouth. J’s singular goal at the party was to avoid that monster, while my only goal all night was to keep finding him, so it meant coming up with ways to convince him to keep shutting his eyes. He made friends with a mime, and circled the party as much as any of us, though he was often being carried. When the rest of us started getting sleepy, he was busy talking to Charles Manson and didn’t want to go home.
I have been taking a break from photography or else I would have pictures.

Last weekend I worked both days, but also made it to a 1-year old’s birthday party.
Oh and I saw Borat. It was just as funny as everyone was saying, and more shocking than I expected.
So now, all of a sudden, the holiday season is here. I seriously am still putting away my snorkeling gear, and now it’s time to start Christmas shopping and getting ready for holiday baking.
Oh my God do you see what I mean?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s